Friday, August 26, 2011

My Confession... My Obsession

You may or may not know this about me but I have a quite large collection of pens and pencils. I have many "antiques" stored away in my attic that are still in the package. This obsession started at a very young age and still lasts to this day. I have several piles of pens/pencils in many locations of my home just in the event I need one. I also have a stock pile in my car and at work as well. At work, my boss will even ask me which pens I think are the best when ordering a stock of pens for the office. I know, you probably think I'm weird but I honestly don't care. Everyday before I walk into the office I put at least two pens in my pocket, that are labeled with my name on them, to use for the day. Now if I notice someone trying to swipe my good writing pen, I may just have to pound on someone for a minute (just kidding) but I do speak up and say "hey! that's my pen!". I don't really care for the pens that are hand outs that you get from motels or doctors offices. They don't write as well. The only time I like using those type of pens is if I'm expecting them to be taken away from me at some point. When I waited tables, I always used the crappiest pens I had that I really didn't care about. I still have a stock of my crappy pens just in the event I need to use them one day. I try not to let customers at work use my personal pens for two reasons: 1. It spreads germs. Just imagine letting 50 or plus people a day use your pen. Yuck! 2. People tend to take good writing pens. They'll even say "this is a really good writing pen". That's when I say "okay, you can give it back to me now".  Well, that's it. Now you know my obsession.

1 comment: