Saturday, July 23, 2011

Too Much Mom

The other day while I was at work, I was helping a mother and her son with fill out some forms for the son. Every time I would say something to the son his mother would then repeat the exact same thing I said to him. It was like he couldn't hear or understand what I was saying, but he could! For instance I said to the son "I need you to print and then sign your name". The mom then turns to him and says "print and sign your name".  She did this EVERY TIME I said something to him. Every time I told him to do something she was either repeating the same thing back to him or fixing his hair or fixing his shirt. I was like lady COME ON! Leave the boy alone! He's like seventeen years old! If she keeps babying him like that he will never grow up and become independent. Jeez! I never really thought that you could parent your child too much until that day. She was just too much mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment