Wednesday, June 22, 2011

MOOOOO

Several weeks ago, while I was cooking dinner for Michael Wayne and I, I happened to notice that the milk "expired" the day before. Well, just to inform whoever reads this blog, my husband LOVES milk. He probably goes through a gallon a week. I have mentioned several times to him that we need our own cow. Seriously! But anyways, as soon as I finished cooking dinner, I turned to him and said "you probably need to finish the milk off because its going to expire and I'll get you another gallon". Now the purpose of informing him of this was to let him know that it will go bad eventually and to finish it so I can get him a new gallon. Anyways, you would have thought I was about to poison him. He started looking at the milk jug, smelling it, and checking it out like it had some kind of fugus. I turned to him and said "the jug says best by such and such date" and "the cow doesn't moo out the expiration date when you milk him". Well needless to say he didn't drink it and swore it was bad. I have no problem drinking the milk a few days after it expires. Honestly, I have no problem eating or drinking anything a few days after it expires.  How do the people who package these items know when the exact expiration date is? The food doesn't tell them what to print on the package. And many times it says best by such and such date. How many of you would eat/drink something that's expired or would you not? And if so, how long after it expires would you eat/drink it? Just curious... I'm pretty sure everyone has eaten things that have gone bad and are not too safe to eat but you just didn't know it. And ya know what, ya lived! I've worked in the restaurant business several times and I know things were served that were questionable. MOOOOO!!

1 comment:

  1. Mike at it's expiration?!/ C'mon I've eaten stuff that would knock a buzzard off his feet!

    ~~Steve

    http://michigan-meets-sc.com/

    ReplyDelete