Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Going..going.. GONE!

Well, its been awhile since I've posted anything (again). Life was hectic there for awhile. I'm glad to say we sold our townhouse. Yayy! It was a little over a year to the date from when we put it on the market. At one point, I was beginning to believe it would never sell. We had a ton of lookers but no bite. But then one day, we had a lady look at it. Then she wanted to look at it again. When she came back for a third time, I held my breath. An offer was made shortly after that and we were estatic! Very soon after we accepted an offer we found a house that we reallllly liked and were going to put in an offer on it, but it went under contract right before we were going to make an offer. We were heart broken but, everything happens for a reason and I now believe that that house wasn't in Gods plan for us. So, it was time to look for a place to rent. I looked for a house to rent and other places to rent but we ended up back at the apartment complex that I use to live in when I completely moved to this town. The weird thing is that the appartment complex is kinda big and we moved into the same building I was in. It was the only apartment they had left so now I have some of the same neighbors I used to have 4 years ago.

     Moving day. I'm pretty sure we picked the hottest day of the year to move. No joke. I thought at one point I was going to have a heat stroke and that one of our guys was going to colapse on us. We had 5 trucks, 2 trailers and 4 manly men to help us move (including my husband). We had everything packed up and ready to move when the day arrived. We started at 8 am and finshed at 2 pm. Thankfully my husband is far from slack and was ready to get it done! He plays no games! I can't believe we practically had that whole house moved within 6 hours. We did have a few items to go back and get such as the groceries in the refrigerator and some odds and ends. Bascially one room in our appartment is considered "storage" due to the fact that we aren't unpacking anything that isn't nessesary to have out because we hope to be moving into a house sooner than later. Pray for us as we continue our journey into finding/building a new home.

Jovie. My loveable pug is really adjusting well to the new move. She loves going outside to go "potty" but I believe that she mainly loves to go outside to be nosey and to see whats going on. She wasn't a huge fan of going outside at our townhouse because she would mostly stand at the door or scratch on the door wanting to come back in. But now, shes always willing and ready to go out. Shes likes to sit at the sliding glass door and look out. One down side to living in an apartment is that other tenants have pets too. Jovie isn't crazy about it. She definately barks more now that she ever has.

Our neighbors. Luckily I have found that pretty much all of our neighbors are on the up and up. Which they should be due to the fact that the screening process for this apartment was complex. I'm surprised they didn't ask for a dna sample with our application. I'm not complaining here. That is a good thing. Like I said, a few of our neighbors are the same ones I had when I lived here years ago. The crazy thing is that they are from different countries. The lady beside us is British and the other lady near us is from Germany. The lady across from us is definately not from SC with her yankee accent which means she may be from somewhere northern which can be considered a different country. Hehe! Just kidding. Anyways, we were bombared with little old ladys the day we moved in which I thought was great. The little old German lady met me at my car the second day of our move saying "I know you, you lived here once before." She then got her British friend, who came out of her apartment in her hair curlers to greet me with a hug and smile. The German lady also went across the way to get the yankee lady to meet us for the first time since I had never met her before. Needless to say, it was a nice greeting back. However, the German lady is really making Jovie mad. She likes to sprinkle bird seed around a tree and in a bird feeder in a tree right outside our door. Jovie hates birds! This lady is asking for the birds to come and Jovie is barking for them to go away. In a way, I'm so jealous of these little ladies. They get up at the crack of dawn watering plants and chit chatting it up while I'm rushing out to go to work. The yankee lady is sometimes out on her porch drinking coffee, smoking a cigarette and talking with the German lady about what her day is going to consist of. Must be nice to be retired. Sometimes I'll get up to let Jovie out at 5:30 am and the little German lady is already outside walking around and checking things out. At least I know our apartment is always being watched after. She even told me when I moved in that I had fresh paint on the walls and new carpet in our apartment because she watched them work on it for weeks. Cute!

Anyways, that sums up my month and a half. As of right now, I can't think anymore to blog due to the fact that Big Brother is on and I'm addicted so I will have to blog more later :)

2 comments:

  1. When do I get my check?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying reading your blogs Jill!! Keeps me up to date in your life... Glad to hear all is well, love you and miss you!!! Your cousin Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete