Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm back!!

I'm sorry guys.. I forgot my password and then changed it and then forgot the password I changed it to. Duh! Here's a summary of whats been going on in my world since the last time I blogged.

In April, my husband Michael ran in a mud run in Columbia SC one Saturday morning. It was an interesting day that started off by getting lost on the way to the Mud Run and showing up 3 minutes before he was to start running. Luckily everything worked out and his team was able to run right on schedule. The run was 5.2 miles and had over 30 obstacles. Michael said the mud run was probably the most physically challenging thing he's ever done and I could tell he was anxious about making it through the run but I knew that he would be able to get through it. He works out everyday and not just a little jog around the block, I'm talking about running on a treadmill with a 50lb backpack on his back for an hour. I was sooo proud of him and still am! The place where the mud run was held was very interesting. It was hard to find the place since the address wasn't on the website (so people couldn't get a sneak peak of the course). It was wayyyy out in the middle of nowhere on a farm. When we pulled up we were amazed at how many people were there. There was over 14,000 participants!! WOW!! It was huge!! I honestly didn't think it was going to be that big. I don't think he did either. Michael's team consisted of 4 guys. The team name was 3 Men and a Stay at Home Mom. The reason for the name was because 3 of the guys have careers and 1 of the guys stays home during the day and takes care of his kids. Their team finished in a little over an hour and a half. The team that finished in 1st place finished it in around 50 minutes. I'm pretty sure they were military. At the end of the race they were covered in mud from head to toe! One the way home, he smiled at me, and there was mud in his teeth! Here are a few pics from that day.




May has by far been the busiest month this year. The first weekend in May we celebrated our Godson's first birthday. I honestly can't believe he is one year old! He is the best one year old I know and the most handsome! Michael and I are in love with our Colin and are truly blessed to be his Godparents. His birthday party was soooo precious! His parents did an amazing job! I also gave Colin his first haircut which I was super nervous about doing. I just knew I would end up cutting him but luckily I didn't. It was also my birthday that weekend of his party so Michael and I celebrated my birthday by just relaxing at "the river". 

We also had a few weddings to attend in May. Both were beautiful weddings and we had a great time!

1 comment: